It’s nearly time to transition from peach season to apple season and I can’t think of a better way to do that than this Snickers Caramel Apple Salad, a classic easy recipe that’s a real favorite with kids and makes a fabulous fall snack.
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad is a great make-ahead recipe for potlucks and block parties and can easily feed a crowd.
Only a few simple ingredients are needed: instant vanilla pudding mix, cool whip, chopped apples, snickers bars (the best part!), and I like to throw a few marshmallows in too, but they are optional. The whole thing gets drizzled with caramel sauce.
You can use whatever apples you like. A lot of people like the tartness of Granny Smith with the sweetness of the other ingredients. I usually do a mixture of Granny Smith and something like Red Delicious or Gala.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Facebook
- 1 (5 ounce) package Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip thawed
- 3-4 medium Golden delicious apples, chopped bite-size pieces
- 5 Snickers candy bars, chopped bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- In a large bowl, stir together the vanilla pudding mix and milk with a whisk.
- Fold in the cool whip, with a spatula, until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples and snickers candy bars.
- Drizzle the top with caramel sauce.
- Cover, and chill salad in the fridge 1 hour before serving.
- This dessert does need to chill for about an hour before serving. If you want to make sure the Snickers bars don't get too hard while chilling, just toss them in just before serving.
- Feel free to switch up the candy bars you use. This recipe works with just about any chocolate candy bar. Take 5 candy bars are also delicious in this Or even Whatchamacallits.
- You want a tart apple in this recipe. It helps balance out the sweetness of the other ingredients.
Adapted From: thecountrycook.net
Please SHARE with your friends :)